Wednesday, 1 June 2011

2.6.35.13_r5-beta release pulled

I pulled the r5 beta yesterday due to some reports of strange performance regressions, random loss of interactivity and the device not responding to touch input.
I also noticed this issue myself, and I also suffered a couple of panics of which the cause was indeterminate.
I released this beta to test an update to the bcm4329 wifi module, because some people were reporting wifi dropouts with the current version. But, it seems that the new version is more trouble than it is worth and I've backed out the bcm4329 update and reverted back to the older version which we works well.

I will push a new update in a couple of days once I have enough changes to make it worthwhile. I suspect that 2.6.35.14 will be out soon, maybe I should wait for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment