Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Test Nexus S kernel release 3.0.38-22 (ICS & JB)

So, another test release for both ICS and JB.

This one includes my new implementation of IDLE2, which seems to work much better and save significantly more power than the last one.

Changelog:

  • Adjusted ondemand tunables to make ramping up occur faster for better responsiveness.
  • Implemented bigmem hack which should work on all ROMs and give an additional ~50MB of RAM
  • Disabled the expensive KSM due to the above.
  • New implementation of IDLE2, enabled by default. Please see my previous post on IDLE2 for details.

Available here for ICS and here for JB.

And for anyone feeling adventurous, there is one here for JB with the interactive governor set as default with interaction boost mode enabled.

Source here as always.

8 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that I was able to stabilize my crespo with your kernel by rasing the min freq to 200, all is well now.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats interesting. I wonder why 100MHz isn't enough for it, must be a faulty core I guess. So I guess I was right about the hardware issue.

      It's not often you see that many BUG() messages one after the other unless something is really badly screwed up.

      Glad you managed to make it more usable now though. :)

      Delete
  2. Bln is no longer functioning. Was that intentional?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BLN has *never* been included in my kernels released on this blog.

      The only kernel it is included in which I maintain is the JellyBelly ROM kernel.

      Delete
    2. Ah that makes sense. I upgraded the kernel in jelly belly to this one. Fair enough.

      Delete
  3. could nexus s 4g use the kernel? thx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the ICS one will work. The JB one will probably not due to different graphics libs.

      Delete
    2. ow I mean for JB. so it's not compatible. any plan to make the kernel available for ns4g? thx before.

      Delete